Zenkaikon, Anime & Sci-Fi Convention, Lancaster PA

April 1-3, 2016, Lancaster County Convention Center

Zenkaikon 2018 DJ Application

Welcome DJs! Zenkaikon 2018 is looking for DJs to perform at our Friday and/or Saturday night dances.

Dates:  May 4-6, 2018

Application Opening Date: September 18, 2017
Application Closing Date: November 18, 2017
Evaluation Period: November 18, 2017 - November 25, 2017
Notification Date: Applicants will be notified by November 27, 2017
Signed Contracts will be in effect from November 27, 2017 - May 6, 2018

Background: Zenkaikon is an established anime, sci-fi and fandom convention with ~ 5000 attendees in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region. 2018 will be our 12th annual event. The convention features informal dances on both Friday and Saturday nights, typically 3-5 hour events. Zenkaikon will be scheduling the informal dances in one of the Main Halls, to take place in the evenings (typically after 10PM). Zenkaikon will provide appropriate audio and video projection systems, adequate to the space available.

Confidentiality: Potential Zenkaikon DJs are expected to keep any information related to negotiations confidential. Selected DJs are expected not to announce their appearance until after contracts are signed and formal announcements made by the convention.

Payment: If payment is agreed upon for services and/or equipment etc, a 25% Down Payment will be made by January 18, 2018. The remaining 75% will be paid by May 6, 2018 (depending on which day the DJ will be performing).

Set Length: Selected DJs will provide a music set of length 2-4 hours at the convention on either Friday (5/4/18) or Saturday (5/5/18)

Badge(s), Food, and Housing:

  • Zenkaikon will provide 1 weekend badge for each contracted DJ. Extra badges for DJ helpers may be negotiated on an as-needed basis.
  • Zenkaikon will provide food and parking for the DJ on the day of their performance.
  • Housing is only provided for DJs who are unable to find a room otherwise. DJs will room with other DJs. Zenkaikon will provide 1 double bedded room for the weekend for DJ use.

Questions can be submitted to the Zenkaikon Guest Department.

Application

Please list your DJ name followed by your full name. Example: DJ Pretty Pants (Sue Storm)
Please provide your postal mailing address
Please provide your DJ website link
Please describe your qualifications and other events where you have been a DJ
Please provide a minimum of three (3) convention references including names, positions, and e-mail addresses
Please provide links to three set demos, on Youtube, Soundcloud or elsewhere. Demos also may be emailed as mp3 to guests@zenkaikon.com
Please list your Tech Rider including equipment you can provide/have, equipment you need and typical fees that are charged