From Lancaster...almost live! Vaudeville is brought into the 21st century!
Do you have a talent that you want to share with the rest of the world? Can you sing?..dance?..tell jokes?..play an instrument?..juggle cats?..recite the lyrics to “Bohemian Rhapsody” backward and standing on your head? WE WANT YOU!
If you need a visual impression or ideas, please refer to this video.
Before we tell you how to audition, there are some things you need to know.
- NO ONE under the age of 18 will be admitted to view the show or permitted to perform.
- All acts must be at least 60 seconds in length but no more than two minutes exactly.
- Booing and heckling by the audience are permitted only after the first 30 seconds of any act has elapsed so be warned.
- Swears are allowed.
- Overtly offensive material will not be permitted.
- No nudity or sexually explicit content will be allowed.
- No “gross-out” acts are permitted.
- No food or liquids are allowed on or near the stage.
- Glitter, confetti, and any other minuscule particulates are not allowed to be thrown at any time.
- Any act that deviates from their audition content or replaces their act on the spot will be immediately disqualified and ushered offstage.
- The order of all acts’ appearances will be predetermined by the Producers and will not be changed for any reason during the show.
- All acts must be ready to perform when called to the stage due to time constraints.
- No bulky props or stage sets are permitted due to time constraints.
- All competing acts appearing on the show have been selected by the show’s Producers from video auditions submitted by the competitors.
- All acts are judged on entertainment value.
- Any act exceeding the two-minute time limit will be allowed to finish but are disqualified.
- All acts will be notified of the order of their appearance no less than two weeks prior to the show.
- All acts are seen by the Judges for the first time when the acts appear on stage during the show.
- Explanations of judging criteria and show rules have been / will be provided to each contestant.
- Both competing and non-competing acts will appear on the show in mixed order without designation or categorization for the sake of surprise and entertainment.
- All Judges’ and Producers’ decisions are final and non-negotiable.
- Be aware that both Host and Judges may make suggestive or lewd remarks for comedic purposes only so please don’t take anything personally as it is not intended to be.
- No personal bias by the Producers or Judges is used to determine Gongs, scores, or the winning act.
You are indeed a brave soul!
Here’s how to audition!
- Upload a video of your act, whatever it is, to Google Drive, and change the sharing privacy of the file from “private” to “anyone with the link can view.”
- Fill out the form below.
- IDs will be checked at performer check-in to verify all performers are over the age of 18.
Audition deadline is March 4, 2018!